More and more Americans today are looking at their homes as a place of refuge in a stressful world of challenges and economic instability. Now, more than ever, their homes need to be restful and smoothing, yet stylist at the same time. This trend, along with an increased focus on cost-consciousness as homeowners become more selective about how their money is spent.
Hear are the Top 10 home decor trends for 2009:
1. Color Your World: Colors will literally be across the spectrum this year. This years colors are: Fuchsia Red, Salmon Rose, Palace Blue, Lavender, Rose Dust and Vibrant Greens.
2. Light Up Your Life: Because this years colors are more intense – more light is needed to properly illuminate a room.
3. We’ve Got You Covered: Wall murals will continue to be a high demand in 2009. Wall murals are a very cost-effective way to completely transform the look of a room.
4. Establishing A Pattern: Even though patterns are being constantly updated and reinvented, some ways to keep them fresh include combining classic and contemporary styles in one piece; utilizing tiny, country patterns that include calico or patchwork; and try distinctive materials, like foil, or embellishments that cluster and layer upon each other. I personally like this picture that I used in an earlier blog, it shows the difference in materials, fabrics and patters.
A nice blend of fabrics
5. Comfort is Key: 2009 as being the year of comfort, with furniture that is comfortable and functional, yet still elegant. More and more people are interested in creating a personal refuge that is chic, peaceful, inviting and easy to maintain so that they can relax and unwind at the end of a busy day.
6. Wood Is Good: In “The Balancing Act” wood flooring is blending into an eclectic mix of wood tones. They are also forecasting hardwood wall coverings (wood, resin, metals) with seamless panels designs becoming focal points of a room. The popularity of wood throughout the home; seeing floors, walls, ceilings (bead board) and wood furniture being incorporated throughout the home.
7. Shining Stars: Metals will continue to shine this year, them being translated into modern metallic finishes and textures that create a sense of visual excitement and high energy. Particularly noteworthy are platinum, dark silver, rose golds and copper, and colorful metallics.
8. Hooray For Hollywood: This style is “glamorous, classy and elegant; composed of an eclectic mix of styles like Neo-Classic, Asian, Baroque and Art Deco; sumptuous and luxury fabrics, shimmering finishes, mirrored furniture, chinoiserie, bamboo and lacquered furniture; bold colors; clean lines and beautiful symmetry”
9. Embrace The Outdoors: Seamless transitions from indoor to outdoor living, the most successful outdoor space will be an extension of the home’s interior style and color scheme.
10: Go Green: Eco-friendly products, like our King Bamboo Sheets will continue to be in demand by today’s energy-conscious and environmentally aware consumers. Consumers will be interested in sustainable materials that may cost a bit more up front, but will save money in the long run.
Visit The Trendy Bed.com, the one site that truly specializes just on the BEDROOM!